It is the stated policy of Advanced Fencing Systems Limited
to reduce, its environmental impact, wherever possible. Carbon
reducing measures form an integral part of the overall Company strategy,
helping to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially
harmful emissions to land, water and air.
The Company's ultimate aim is to reduce its current carbon
foot by 65% minimum carbon balance over the next 6 years, or before,
where and when possible.
To help achieve this, the Company will;
- Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to
meet or exceed legislative targets.
- Minimise waste, promote recycling, and the use of recycled
products to help reduce the burden on landfill, and therefore methane generation.
- Continue to promote, design and manufacture energy efficient
products and materials, and therefore carbon reducing systems and equipment,
on behalf of clients.
- Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst
employees and others, and will seek, where practicable, to continuously
improve Company environmental performance.
- Actively promote Video Conferencing, Electronic Communication and the
use of satellite surveying. as
a means of reducing traveling to sites for surveys, therefore resulting
in lowering carbon emissions output for that of our Company and clients
- Evaluate the potential benefits of home-working.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon off-setting,
e.g., tree planting.
Actions developed to date include;
- Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of
the decision-making processes.
- Sustainable sourcing Purchasing Policy.
- Installation and use of energy efficient plant, tools,
office equipment and materials manufactured and installed, therefore
carbon reducing throughout Company premises and that of clients sites.
- Promotion of the Department for Transport's “Smarter Driving
- Vehicle sharing policy.
- The assessment and procurement of fuel-efficient vehicles,
supported by scheduled deliveries.
This policy clearly identifies the responsibilities and
procedures for achieving the Company's stated objectives in all aspects
of its activities leading to improved environmental performance, including
reductions in both CO² and Methane emissions.